The most recent local news from in and around Pateley Bridge, Nidderdale and the Harrogate Area.
Pateley & Nidderdale News
- Queen's invitation for Dales town's Great British heroes December 28, 2017
Pateley Bridge’s amazing new and improved national profile has been recognised with a royal invitation from The Queen.
- Second round of consultation for 'Gouthwaite Wildlife Centre' plans December 28, 2017
Fresh consultation dates have been announced by the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust to determine if plans for a new ‘Gouthwaite Wildlife Centre’ should still go ahead.
- Mass parade of Santas in North Yorkshire town! December 21, 2017
The public of Pateley Bridge showed how Christmas should be done when a 100 Santas paraded done its main shopping street.
- New wildlife centre could be established in Nidderdale AONB October 30, 2017
A new wildlife centre could be constructed on the shoreline of Gouthwaite Reservoir.
- Free guide breaks down epic trail through Dales valley October 17, 2017
A new walking guide has been launched to help people follow a spectacular 53-mile route in the easternmost valley of the Yorkshire Dales.
- Video: Follow the St Cuthbert's Way challenge as funds are secured for Nidderdale community fund September 12, 2017
Funding has been secured for a new community pot after completion of a sponsored walking challenge across Scotland and Northumberland by a Nidderdale church group.
- New exhibition reveals hidden side of Brimham Rocks August 18, 2017
Dedicated walkers, scientists and climbers are among the quarter of a million visitors who flock to the famous natural landscape of Brimham Rocks every year.
- Police make further appeal over death of red kite in Nidderdale August 1, 2017
Police investigating the death of a red kite in Nidderdale have issued a further appeal for information after interviewing a man in connection with it.
- Pateley Bridge to screen Daniel Craig's Olympics stunt at 40s Weekend June 13, 2017
One of the most important figures in the British film industry is coming to Pateley Bridge in a massive coup for this year’s 40s Weekend festivities – and there's a James Bond exclusive, too.
- Traditional equine spectacle set for Pateley Bridge return June 9, 2017
A traditional countryside sport is making a comeback in Nidderdale, decades after wartime intervened and it was lost as a regular fixture on the rural calendar.
- Election 2017: Conservatives hold Skipton and Ripon June 8, 2017
Julian Smith has been re-elected as MP for Skipton and Ripon.
- Queen's Award success for North Yorkshire's secret gem June 6, 2017
Volunteers at one of Pateley Bridge's prize jewels are to receive the recognition their fantastic efforts deserve with the Queen's Award.
- Car ends up on its roof in North Yorkshire field May 3, 2017
This crash near Harrogate has a surprising outcome for the driver.
- Red kite shot dead in North Yorkshire March 27, 2017
One of North Yorkshire's popular red kites has been found dead after being shot.
- Tourism survey reveals Yorkshire's hidden gems March 23, 2017
A survey commissioned to mark English Tourism Week has revealed Yorkshire's top 'hidden gems' for visitors.
- Blubberhouses couple celebrate successful farmhouse breakfast fundraiser January 30, 2017
A breakfast bonanza hosted at the deputy mayor of Harrogate’s farm home in Blubberhouses raised an impressive £8,000 for national farming charity the Addington Fund.
- Police find missing Harrogate teenager John Barker January 16, 2018
Police have found a missing 14-year-old boy after carrying out searches in Harrogate and Boroughbridge.
- Last-ditch plea to protect Harrogate beauty spot January 16, 2018
Conservationists are making an emotional plea to Harrogate residents to support their “last chance” to protect a cherished Harrogate beauty spot.
- TV cameras set for Harrogate Town v Stockport clash January 16, 2018
TV cameras are set to descend on Harrogate Town’s CNG Stadium later this month.
- Man, 80, injured after being hit by car near Harrogate January 15, 2018
An elderly man was injured after being involved in a collision on a high street near Harrogate.
- Jail for Leeds drug dealer who stabbed man in street after Harrogate nightclub violence January 15, 2018
A drug dealer from Leeds who stabbed a man in the stomach in a Harrogate street following violence at a nightclub has been jailed for more than seven years.
- 'Ineffective' safeguarding flagged by Ofsted at Kids Club in Harrogate January 15, 2018
The new owner of an after school group in Harrogate has been left 'disappointed' after Ofsted inspectors told them safeguarding measures were 'ineffective' while issuing them an in …
- Harrogate Advertiser Series Cafe of the Year 2018 – Pick your favourite January 15, 2018
From trendy to traditional, rustic to retro, there’s nothing we love more than a café or tea room and everyone has their favourite.
- Plans for £350m sugar beet plant in Harrogate ‘could die a death’ January 15, 2018
Negotiations have broken down between an international company and the county council over land to site a £350 million sugar beet processing plant, which could now be pursued in mainland Europe.
- Man ‘rugby-tackled’ triathlete from bicycle near Harrogate January 12, 2018
A plumber who rugby-tackled a professional triathlete from her bike in a road rage row has avoided jail.
- Harrogate owner thanks celebrity food critic for social media boost January 12, 2018
The owner of an award-winning Harrogate restaurant which become a social media sensation has thanked celebrity food critic Jay Rayner for his support.
- Harrogate venue's live treat for Tom Petty fans January 12, 2018
One of Harrogate’s best and most intimate venues gets back into the swing of things in the New Year with a double bill featuring award-winning Southern Companion shortly.
- Nidd Gorge book in BBC's top ten nature books ever January 12, 2018
An acclaimed book set in Nidd Gorge is on the shortlist for the UK’s favourite nature book of all time alongside classics like Wind in the Willows.
- Exhilarating film festival in Harrogate may change your life January 12, 2018
Exciting, exhilarating and eye-opening, if Banff Mountain Film Festival doesn’t inspire you to do something adventurous in the great outdoors, it tends, at least, to make you think about doing so.
- North Yorks couple to get married as part of 40s nostalgia day January 12, 2018
A popular elderly couple in the Harrogate district are proving romance can blossom at any age by getting married in a very public – and fun – ceremony.
- Parrot causes false alarm for Harrogate fire crews January 11, 2018
A parrot caused a false alarm in Harrogate this morning.
- Driver lucky to be safe after car comes off road near Masham January 11, 2018
A driver was lucky to walk away 'fit and well' after coming off the road near Masham.
- Parents plea for support to keep Burnt Yates School's doors open January 11, 2018
Parents are pleading for support to oppose the proposed closure of a Harrogate school which they say has faced ‘systematic failures’.
- Traffic grinds to a halt on Otley Road after traffic lights installed January 11, 2018
Traffic was ground to a halt following the installation of temporary traffic lights on Otley Road.
- Much-loved Harrogate venue celebrates massive birthday January 10, 2018
Harrogate Theatre is to mark its 118th birthday tonight, Thursday with a celebratory party.
- Royal honour for 'humbled' Blind Jack campaigner January 10, 2018
One of the most dynamic forces in last year’s celebrations to mark the 300th anniversary of the birth of legendary Knaresborough figure John ‘Blind Jack’ Metcalfe has been invited to Buckingham Palace …