The most recent local news from in and around Pateley Bridge, Nidderdale and the Harrogate Area.
Pateley & Nidderdale News
- Six Yorkshire postcodes appear in Sunday Times Best Places to Live guide for 2018 March 16, 2018
Four Yorkshire property hotspots are new entries in this year's Best Places to Live guide compiled by The Sunday Times.
- Anti-bullying ambassador scheme to launch at Nidderdale High February 27, 2018
Students are taking responsibility for supporting one another as Nidderdale High School prepares to launch a new anti-bullying ambassador scheme.
- Pledges needed to secure cross-county bus route for Nidderdale as deadline looms February 26, 2018
An urgent appeal for cash pledges to open up the countryside and boost the district economy with a new summer bus service has been made.
- Driver hospitalised after colliding with tree near Summerbridge February 14, 2018
Emergency service crews were called out to Summerbridge after a car collided with a tree
- Survivor of heart attack flags importance of defibrillators after collapse at Nidderdale Church February 8, 2018
The survivor of a heart attack has spoken out about the importance of defibrillators in remote areas like Nidderdale after his life was saved minutes before a funeral service was set to begin.
- Milk spill after tanker crashes on North Yorkshire road February 7, 2018
Firefighters have been battling to contain a milk spillage after a tanker overturned on a rural road.
- Fell rescuers called out to assist ambulance crew near Pateley Bridge January 19, 2018
Fell rescuers were called out assist an ambulance crew after an elderly woman was injured walking near Pateley Bridge.
- Queen's invitation for Dales town's Great British heroes December 28, 2017
Pateley Bridge’s amazing new and improved national profile has been recognised with a royal invitation from The Queen.
- Second round of consultation for 'Gouthwaite Wildlife Centre' plans December 28, 2017
Fresh consultation dates have been announced by the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust to determine if plans for a new ‘Gouthwaite Wildlife Centre’ should still go ahead.
- Mass parade of Santas in North Yorkshire town! December 21, 2017
The public of Pateley Bridge showed how Christmas should be done when a 100 Santas paraded done its main shopping street.
- New wildlife centre could be established in Nidderdale AONB October 30, 2017
A new wildlife centre could be constructed on the shoreline of Gouthwaite Reservoir.
- Free guide breaks down epic trail through Dales valley October 17, 2017
A new walking guide has been launched to help people follow a spectacular 53-mile route in the easternmost valley of the Yorkshire Dales.
- Video: Follow the St Cuthbert's Way challenge as funds are secured for Nidderdale community fund September 12, 2017
Funding has been secured for a new community pot after completion of a sponsored walking challenge across Scotland and Northumberland by a Nidderdale church group.
- New exhibition reveals hidden side of Brimham Rocks August 18, 2017
Dedicated walkers, scientists and climbers are among the quarter of a million visitors who flock to the famous natural landscape of Brimham Rocks every year.
- Police make further appeal over death of red kite in Nidderdale August 1, 2017
Police investigating the death of a red kite in Nidderdale have issued a further appeal for information after interviewing a man in connection with it.
- Pateley Bridge to screen Daniel Craig's Olympics stunt at 40s Weekend June 13, 2017
One of the most important figures in the British film industry is coming to Pateley Bridge in a massive coup for this year’s 40s Weekend festivities – and there's a James Bond exclusive, too.
- Traditional equine spectacle set for Pateley Bridge return June 9, 2017
A traditional countryside sport is making a comeback in Nidderdale, decades after wartime intervened and it was lost as a regular fixture on the rural calendar.
- Election 2017: Conservatives hold Skipton and Ripon June 8, 2017
Julian Smith has been re-elected as MP for Skipton and Ripon.
- Queen's Award success for North Yorkshire's secret gem June 6, 2017
Volunteers at one of Pateley Bridge's prize jewels are to receive the recognition their fantastic efforts deserve with the Queen's Award.
- Car ends up on its roof in North Yorkshire field May 3, 2017
This crash near Harrogate has a surprising outcome for the driver.
- MOJO's Harrogate launch night to aid children's charity March 16, 2018
Doors are set to open at one of Harrogates newest bars with a launch night asking guests to put their hands in their pockets for charity.
- Yorkshire Water upgrade in Harrogate delayed March 15, 2018
Residents have been informed that work to upgrade water pipes on Otley Road has been delayed.
- Plans unveiled to draw one million additional visitors to Harrogate March 15, 2018
A strategy to bolster the district’s multi- million pound tourism sector has been unveiled, with the potential to generate around 1,000 jobs by attracting a million new visitors.
- Help 12-year old Harrogate kart racer get back on the track March 15, 2018
The father of a budding Harrogate kart racer is appealing for businesses to help cover the costs of replacing equipment damaged in a mid-race collision.
- Harrogate man hands himself in to police after appeal March 15, 2018
A man has been charged with escaping lawful custody after a police search.
- School with 12 pupils faces closure March 15, 2018
A small school in rural North Yorkshire, which has just 12 pupils on the roll and faces hefty financial deficits, looks set to be the seventh in the county to close in the past year.
- Harrogate craft beer hotspot put up for sale March 14, 2018
Award-winning craft beer bar 10 Devonshire Place, on Skipton Road in Harrogate, has been put up for sale with business property adviser Christie & Co.
- Road closure extended for Burn Bridge Lane following delays March 14, 2018
A road closure is to remain in effect on the A61 Leeds Road in to Harrogate after the county council confirmed work has been delayed.
- Harrogate councillor hits back at 'badly-worded' Save Nidd Gorge petition March 12, 2018
A senior councillor at the helm of plans to tackle congestion has hit back at “wrong” claims ahead of an action group’s presentation about a relief road it is thought would cut through a beauty spot. …
- Dramatic photos show car torn in two after Harrogate crash March 12, 2018
This is the staggering damage to two vehicles involved in a crash near Harrogate in which two drivers failed to stop.
- Stolen dogs reunited with their owners after Huby break-in March 12, 2018
Four beloved pets stolen from a family home in Huby near Harrogate have been reunited with their owners.
- Police seek Valentine’s Day chocolate and steak thief in Harrogate March 12, 2018
Did you enjoy a steak dinner and Thorntons chocolates with the man pictured in the CCTV image below on Valentine’s Day?
- Sir Ken was helped to mark final birthday at Harrogate Royal Hall March 12, 2018
Legendary Comedian Sir Ken Dodd who entertained crowds in Harrogate across decades was helped to celebrate his last birthday at the Royal Hall.
- Harrogate display of rare prints by Bradford's David Hockney March 9, 2018
A small collection of rare original prints by Bradford-born artist David Hockney have gone on display.
- Community rallies to secure new cross-county bus route for Nidderdale March 9, 2018
The community of Nidderdale has rallied and helped secure a new summer bus route, opening up the countryside and offering a boost to businesses.
- Changes in retail are part of “evolution”, says Harrogate Chamber of Trade March 9, 2018
Despite recent blows in the world of retail, the Harrogate Chamber of Commerce says the town will be more resilient than most as high streets across the UK evolve.
- No serious injuries after almost 30 collisions across North Yorkshire March 8, 2018
Police say no serious injuries have been sustained in almost 30 road traffic collisions reported across the county today.
- Congestion slows down gritting efforts in district March 8, 2018
Efforts to grit the district's roads were hampered this morning as the heavy snowfall coincided with rush hour traffic, says the County Council.
- Prezzo in Harrogate to be spared from closure March 5, 2018
Restaurant chain Prezzo has revealed that the Harrogate branch will be among those avoiding closure under proposals put to it’s creditors.
- Ripon branch of Prezzo under threat March 5, 2018
Documents published by Italian restraint chain Prezzo have revealed that the Ripon branch of the restaurant could close.