The most recent local news from in and around Pateley Bridge, Nidderdale and the Harrogate Area.
Pateley & Nidderdale News
- BBC to shine spotlight on Pateley Bridge's push for gold in national competition April 27, 2018
A BBC fly-on-the-wall show is to put Pateley Bridge’s push for gold at the Britain in Bloom competition in the national spotlight.
- Cheers to life-saving donations after Nidderdale pub smashes fund-raising goal April 19, 2018
An overwhelming show of support from local businesses and the customers of a Pateley Bridge pub has seen more than £2,000 raised in a week for a new defibrillator.
- Pateley Bridge artist’s bust of famous sculptor earns place at London show April 7, 2018
Meeting your heroes can be a nervy enough experience, but getting the chance to sculpt their portrait is on quite another level.
- Harrogate Councillor reprimanded for disrespectful behaviour March 21, 2018
A Harrogate Borough Councillor has been reprimanded for disrespectful behaviour towards council staff, including the district’s chief planner.
- Six Yorkshire postcodes appear in Sunday Times Best Places to Live guide for 2018 March 16, 2018
Four Yorkshire property hotspots are new entries in this year's Best Places to Live guide compiled by The Sunday Times.
- Anti-bullying ambassador scheme to launch at Nidderdale High February 27, 2018
Students are taking responsibility for supporting one another as Nidderdale High School prepares to launch a new anti-bullying ambassador scheme.
- Pledges needed to secure cross-county bus route for Nidderdale as deadline looms February 26, 2018
An urgent appeal for cash pledges to open up the countryside and boost the district economy with a new summer bus service has been made.
- Driver hospitalised after colliding with tree near Summerbridge February 14, 2018
Emergency service crews were called out to Summerbridge after a car collided with a tree
- Survivor of heart attack flags importance of defibrillators after collapse at Nidderdale Church February 8, 2018
The survivor of a heart attack has spoken out about the importance of defibrillators in remote areas like Nidderdale after his life was saved minutes before a funeral service was set to begin.
- Milk spill after tanker crashes on North Yorkshire road February 7, 2018
Firefighters have been battling to contain a milk spillage after a tanker overturned on a rural road.
- Fell rescuers called out to assist ambulance crew near Pateley Bridge January 19, 2018
Fell rescuers were called out assist an ambulance crew after an elderly woman was injured walking near Pateley Bridge.
- Queen's invitation for Dales town's Great British heroes December 28, 2017
Pateley Bridge’s amazing new and improved national profile has been recognised with a royal invitation from The Queen.
- Second round of consultation for 'Gouthwaite Wildlife Centre' plans December 28, 2017
Fresh consultation dates have been announced by the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust to determine if plans for a new ‘Gouthwaite Wildlife Centre’ should still go ahead.
- Mass parade of Santas in North Yorkshire town! December 21, 2017
The public of Pateley Bridge showed how Christmas should be done when a 100 Santas paraded done its main shopping street.
- New wildlife centre could be established in Nidderdale AONB October 30, 2017
A new wildlife centre could be constructed on the shoreline of Gouthwaite Reservoir.
- Free guide breaks down epic trail through Dales valley October 17, 2017
A new walking guide has been launched to help people follow a spectacular 53-mile route in the easternmost valley of the Yorkshire Dales.
- Video: Follow the St Cuthbert's Way challenge as funds are secured for Nidderdale community fund September 12, 2017
Funding has been secured for a new community pot after completion of a sponsored walking challenge across Scotland and Northumberland by a Nidderdale church group.
- New exhibition reveals hidden side of Brimham Rocks August 18, 2017
Dedicated walkers, scientists and climbers are among the quarter of a million visitors who flock to the famous natural landscape of Brimham Rocks every year.
- Police make further appeal over death of red kite in Nidderdale August 1, 2017
Police investigating the death of a red kite in Nidderdale have issued a further appeal for information after interviewing a man in connection with it.
- Pateley Bridge to screen Daniel Craig's Olympics stunt at 40s Weekend June 13, 2017
One of the most important figures in the British film industry is coming to Pateley Bridge in a massive coup for this year’s 40s Weekend festivities – and there's a James Bond exclusive, too.
- How police county roadshow will help fight fraud May 26, 2018
Officers and volunteers are to travel across the county to help bolster awareness and fight against fraud.
- MP for Harrogate and Knaresborough calls for 'level playing field' between digital and High Street retailers May 26, 2018
The MP for Harrogate and Knaresborough, Andrew Jones, has called for vigilance over business rates between digital and High Street retailers.
- Bidding farewell to Spotty House and Knaresborough May 25, 2018
The splashes of colour across Spotty House in Knaresborough have drawn international attention since TV cameras first beamed the arrival of the Grand Depart, but now its owners are preparing to bid fa …
- School girl was punched by man in his 40s while waiting for a bus in Harrogate May 25, 2018
A 16-year-old school girl was punched in the face by an unknown man while she waited for a bus outside the Royal Hall in Harrogate.
- Winners revealed for Harrogate Advertiser's Harlow Carr competition May 25, 2018
Five lucky winners have been given a pair of tickets for FREE entry to RHS Harlow Carr Gardens, following a Harrogate Advertiser competition.
- Retro: Rain couldn't dampen the spirit of 3,000 Harrogate runners May 25, 2018
Almost 3,000 women gathered at Harrogate’s Great Yorkshire Showground in May 2008, in a bid to help fight cancer.
- Over £2,000 raised for young Leeds rugby player who suffered devastating back injury in a match May 25, 2018
A crowdfunding page has been set up to help pay for the treatment of a young Leeds Rhinos rugby star who broke her back on the pitch.
- Police hunt Boroughbridge graffiti vandals May 24, 2018
POLICE have issued photographs of graffiti damage caused to bridges in Boroughbridge and are appealing for information to identify the vandals.
- Fab Harrogate leads way on plastic waste battle May 24, 2018
When Bettys & Taylors bans plastic straws from all its café tea rooms, it’s obvious the times are, indeed, changing.
- 'A sad day': Harrogate reacts to Norse closure: May 24, 2018
It was obvious the shock announcement that one -of Harrogate's most creative and best-loved restaurants would lead to some sort of reaction but the sadness expressed online by many Harrogate food …
- New date for popular Harrogate event May 24, 2018
Bilton Gala is back and a new date for this year's event has now been announced.
- Plea: It's time to tackle empty shops in Harrogate May 24, 2018
Anxious calls by leading Harrogate businesses to improve the town centre for the benefit of the whole town have been backed by the chamber of commerce.
- New Harrogate Mayor is unveiled May 24, 2018
There was pomp, there was circumstance but this year’s mayor making ceremony turned out to be a more relaxed occasion in Harrogate Borough Council’s new civic centre than at the Royal Hall.
- Firefighters called out to farm-fire in Minskip May 24, 2018
Firefighters were called out to a farm-fire in Minskip after a van was left 'heavily engulfed' in flames.
- Shock closure of top Harrogate restaurant May 24, 2018
Leading restaurant Norse on Swan Road in Harrogate is to close with immediate effect just months after it publicly asked for support from guests.
- Is extra school needed for district new settlement site? May 23, 2018
A developer bidding to construct 2,750 new homes say it could result in the expansion of a secondary school, as well as construction of a new one as the site grows.
- Meet the Harrogate Fuel Mule: Vegan and vegetarian meals from a Harrogate home May 23, 2018
A former headteacher has left the stress of the education world behind to take on a new challenge as Harrogate’s first all-vegan and vegetarian food delivery business.
- WW1 soldiers' stories: Harrogate church's emotional appeal May 23, 2018
Harrogate's grandest church has launched a campaign to put some flesh on the bones of some of its fallen parishioners of the First World War.
- ‘Early stages’ for Northern rail changes on Harrogate line? May 23, 2018
Passengers on the Harrogate line were left frustrated this week despite the start of Northern’s roll-out of a new fleet of trains and timetable.
- Network Rail promises to clean-up Harrogate's railway after mattress abandoned May 23, 2018
Network Rail has promised to clean up Harrogate's railway embankments after 'dangerous' fly-tippers have abandoned mattresses, clothes and littered all over them.