The most recent local news from in and around Pateley Bridge, Nidderdale and the Harrogate Area.
Pateley & Nidderdale News
- Video: Follow the St Cuthbert's Way challenge as funds are secured for Nidderdale community fund September 12, 2017
Funding has been secured for a new community pot after completion of a sponsored walking challenge across Scotland and Northumberland by a Nidderdale church group.
- New exhibition reveals hidden side of Brimham Rocks August 18, 2017
Dedicated walkers, scientists and climbers are among the quarter of a million visitors who flock to the famous natural landscape of Brimham Rocks every year.
- Police make further appeal over death of red kite in Nidderdale August 1, 2017
Police investigating the death of a red kite in Nidderdale have issued a further appeal for information after interviewing a man in connection with it.
- Pateley Bridge to screen Daniel Craig's Olympics stunt at 40s Weekend June 13, 2017
One of the most important figures in the British film industry is coming to Pateley Bridge in a massive coup for this year’s 40s Weekend festivities – and there's a James Bond exclusive, too.
- Traditional equine spectacle set for Pateley Bridge return June 9, 2017
A traditional countryside sport is making a comeback in Nidderdale, decades after wartime intervened and it was lost as a regular fixture on the rural calendar.
- Election 2017: Conservatives hold Skipton and Ripon June 8, 2017
Julian Smith has been re-elected as MP for Skipton and Ripon.
- Queen's Award success for North Yorkshire's secret gem June 6, 2017
Volunteers at one of Pateley Bridge's prize jewels are to receive the recognition their fantastic efforts deserve with the Queen's Award.
- Car ends up on its roof in North Yorkshire field May 3, 2017
This crash near Harrogate has a surprising outcome for the driver.
- Red kite shot dead in North Yorkshire March 27, 2017
One of North Yorkshire's popular red kites has been found dead after being shot.
- Tourism survey reveals Yorkshire's hidden gems March 23, 2017
A survey commissioned to mark English Tourism Week has revealed Yorkshire's top 'hidden gems' for visitors.
- Blubberhouses couple celebrate successful farmhouse breakfast fundraiser January 30, 2017
A breakfast bonanza hosted at the deputy mayor of Harrogate’s farm home in Blubberhouses raised an impressive £8,000 for national farming charity the Addington Fund.
- Royal recognition for Blubberhouses church December 12, 2016
The congregation of St Andrew's Church in Blubberhouses has received a royal thank you after collectively sending wishes to mark the Queen's 90th birthday.
- Big result looms for Pateley Bridge in the Great British High Street competition December 6, 2016
The wait is nearly over. Less than a week from now Pateley Bridge will find out of it has won its epic battle to emerge victorious in the Great British High Street competition.
- Cash boost for How Stean Gorge expansion plans December 1, 2016
A large-scale expansion of How Stean Gorge has moved a step forward, after the popular attraction received a £66,000 EU grant to be put towards the work.
- Air-cons, radiators and boiler stolen in Harrogate demolition site burglary September 22, 2017
Burglars broke into a secured demolition site and stole five air conditioning units, nine radiators and a combi boiler in Harrogate,
- Brave little dog boosts Harrogate charity with epic walk September 22, 2017
One of Knaresborough’s favourite little pet dogs has completed an epic walk from coast to coast for charity.
- Harrogate cafe picked to be Fan Zone in World Championships September 22, 2017
An independent Harrogate cafe and craft beer bar is among the first to be chosen by Sir Gary Verity's Welcome to Yorkshire to play a prominent role in cycling's world championships.
- Review: Yorkshire Hussar, Markington near Harrogate September 22, 2017
When Markington, population 239, lost the Cross Keys a couple of years ago, its one surviving pub suddenly came to life, though not by accident.
- Xmas lights threat for Harrogate suburb September 22, 2017
The struggles of a long-standing community gala in Harrogate may have a knock-on effect on the festive season.
- Dear Reader: Lost in West Yorkshire + Gin Rocks Festival September 22, 2017
A personal column by the Harrogate Advertiser's Graham Chalmers
- Northern Powerhouse: What does it mean for Harrogate district? September 21, 2017
Environment 'vital' in Harrogate transport plans
- Host of animals in collision near Allerton Park September 21, 2017
Drivers and a menagerie of animals were involved in a two vehicle collision on the A1 (m) near Allerton park.
- Harewood House to open for Christmas for the first time in five years September 20, 2017
Autumn usually heralds the closure of one of Yorkshire's finest country houses to the public.
- Great British Bake Off advert coup for Taylors of Harrogate September 19, 2017
Viewers of The Great British Bake Off are in for a bit of a Harrogate surprise tonight, Tuesday, September 19.
- Patrick Stewart narrates Taylors of Harrogate's first-ever tea advert September 19, 2017
Taylors of Harrogate will unveil their new TV advert during the coveted Great British Bake Off commercial break slots tonight.
- Soaring membership for Harrogate Film Society September 18, 2017
Harrogate Film Society is enjoying an amazing membership boom as its latest season of movies gets into swing.
- 'Game of Thrones' coup for Harrogate shop September 18, 2017
Renowned stationer Jespers of Harrogate may be be besieged by legions of Game of Thrones fans after being named the only North Yorkshire stockist to offer some special edition pens based on the hit TV …
- Organisers defend Gin Rocks Festival despite angry walkouts September 18, 2017
Organisers of a new Harrogate drinks festival at the weekend have hailed it as a success overall despite dozens of disappointed people walking out with refunds.
- Transparency call by village campaigners September 18, 2017
CAMPAIGNERS HAVE called for greater transparency over a private meeting which could impact on whether a new settlement is built in one of the county’s most affluent areas.
- See the giant vegetables that have pulled in the crowds at Harrogate Autumn Flower Show September 15, 2017
It is a seasonal competition that is steeped in history after being launched for this first time more than 40 years ago.
- Dear Reader: New housing battle between town & country September 15, 2017
A personal column by the Harrogate Advertiser's Graham Chalmers
- Review: Magna Carta on fantastic form at Ripley September 15, 2017
It's taken Chris Simpson 45 years of playing live concerts round the world to finally bring Magna Carta to a Yorkshire village where his deepest family roots lie – Ripley.
- New gin festival at Ripley this weekend September 15, 2017
As many as 2,000 gin enthusiasts are expected to flock to Ripley Castle lakeside this weekend for what’s being billed as “Harrogate’s first independent gin festival.”.
- Bus victory: top Harrogate firm's role praised September 15, 2017
One of the key figures in the battle to save the Harrogate-Pateley Bridge bus service has praised Harrogate Spring Water for riding to the rescue.