The most recent local news from in and around Pateley Bridge, Nidderdale and the Harrogate Area.
Pateley & Nidderdale News
- BBC to shine spotlight on Pateley Bridge's push for gold in national competition April 27, 2018
A BBC fly-on-the-wall show is to put Pateley Bridge’s push for gold at the Britain in Bloom competition in the national spotlight.
- Cheers to life-saving donations after Nidderdale pub smashes fund-raising goal April 19, 2018
An overwhelming show of support from local businesses and the customers of a Pateley Bridge pub has seen more than £2,000 raised in a week for a new defibrillator.
- Pateley Bridge artist’s bust of famous sculptor earns place at London show April 7, 2018
Meeting your heroes can be a nervy enough experience, but getting the chance to sculpt their portrait is on quite another level.
- Harrogate Councillor reprimanded for disrespectful behaviour March 21, 2018
A Harrogate Borough Councillor has been reprimanded for disrespectful behaviour towards council staff, including the district’s chief planner.
- Six Yorkshire postcodes appear in Sunday Times Best Places to Live guide for 2018 March 16, 2018
Four Yorkshire property hotspots are new entries in this year's Best Places to Live guide compiled by The Sunday Times.
- Anti-bullying ambassador scheme to launch at Nidderdale High February 27, 2018
Students are taking responsibility for supporting one another as Nidderdale High School prepares to launch a new anti-bullying ambassador scheme.
- Pledges needed to secure cross-county bus route for Nidderdale as deadline looms February 26, 2018
An urgent appeal for cash pledges to open up the countryside and boost the district economy with a new summer bus service has been made.
- Driver hospitalised after colliding with tree near Summerbridge February 14, 2018
Emergency service crews were called out to Summerbridge after a car collided with a tree
- Survivor of heart attack flags importance of defibrillators after collapse at Nidderdale Church February 8, 2018
The survivor of a heart attack has spoken out about the importance of defibrillators in remote areas like Nidderdale after his life was saved minutes before a funeral service was set to begin.
- Milk spill after tanker crashes on North Yorkshire road February 7, 2018
Firefighters have been battling to contain a milk spillage after a tanker overturned on a rural road.
- Fell rescuers called out to assist ambulance crew near Pateley Bridge January 19, 2018
Fell rescuers were called out assist an ambulance crew after an elderly woman was injured walking near Pateley Bridge.
- Queen's invitation for Dales town's Great British heroes December 28, 2017
Pateley Bridge’s amazing new and improved national profile has been recognised with a royal invitation from The Queen.
- Second round of consultation for 'Gouthwaite Wildlife Centre' plans December 28, 2017
Fresh consultation dates have been announced by the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust to determine if plans for a new ‘Gouthwaite Wildlife Centre’ should still go ahead.
- Mass parade of Santas in North Yorkshire town! December 21, 2017
The public of Pateley Bridge showed how Christmas should be done when a 100 Santas paraded done its main shopping street.
- New wildlife centre could be established in Nidderdale AONB October 30, 2017
A new wildlife centre could be constructed on the shoreline of Gouthwaite Reservoir.
- Free guide breaks down epic trail through Dales valley October 17, 2017
A new walking guide has been launched to help people follow a spectacular 53-mile route in the easternmost valley of the Yorkshire Dales.
- Video: Follow the St Cuthbert's Way challenge as funds are secured for Nidderdale community fund September 12, 2017
Funding has been secured for a new community pot after completion of a sponsored walking challenge across Scotland and Northumberland by a Nidderdale church group.
- New exhibition reveals hidden side of Brimham Rocks August 18, 2017
Dedicated walkers, scientists and climbers are among the quarter of a million visitors who flock to the famous natural landscape of Brimham Rocks every year.
- Police make further appeal over death of red kite in Nidderdale August 1, 2017
Police investigating the death of a red kite in Nidderdale have issued a further appeal for information after interviewing a man in connection with it.
- Thundery shower breaks out over Harrogate July 16, 2018
Thunder could be heard booming across the district today as heavy rain began to fall after months of soaring temperatures.
- Well-known Harrogate restaurant to close July 16, 2018
It seemed like it had dodged a bullet in March but hopes have now been dashed, another Harrogate Italian restaurant is to close, one that for a long time seemed to be very popular. The good news, howe …
- Rail strike: Industrial action on Harrogate line called off July 16, 2018
Industrial action which could have affected the Harrogate rail line this weekend has been called off.
- New closure at Harrogate shopping complex July 16, 2018
There's been plenty of closures – and openings – since the new Everyman complex first opened in Harrogate just two years ago.
- Jewellery stolen in Harrogate burglary July 16, 2018
POLICE ARE appealing for witnesses to a burglary in Harrogate in which jewellery was stolen.
- Major road shut between Leeds and Harrogate after A658 'incident' July 15, 2018
A main road between Leeds and Harrogate was shut off this afternoon following an "incident".
- Top Harrogate brewery's new beer for charity July 13, 2018
An award-winning Knaresborough micro-brewery' has revealed which charity will benefit from its White Rose charity beer.
- £20,000 project to replace gas pipes in Starbeck to begin soon July 13, 2018
A £20,000 project to replace ageing gas pipes along Starbeck High Street is set to begin at the start of August.
- Free drink for Harrogate cinema-goers! July 13, 2018
In a piece of good news for cinema fans in Harrogate, there will be a free cocktail for eveyr customer at Everyman for a new series screenings – and brought to your seat, too!
- Affordable housing: Council to help public July 13, 2018
Harrogate Borough Council is offering to help residents across the district to develop new affordable homes in their communities.
- New chef at popular Harrogate restaurant July 13, 2018
One of Harrogate's most popular deli-restaurants has a new face in charge of food.
- Closure sign at Harrogate restaurant July 13, 2018
Sadly, there's another sign of the times in Harrogate as a new 'closed' notice goes up in another Harrogate restaurant.
- Student nurse shares her heart transplant story to show importance of organ donation July 13, 2018
A student nurse from Harrogate who recieved a life-saving heart transplant as a teenager has shared her story in a bid to show the importance of organ donation.
- New family-friendly project at Pinewoods in Harrogate July 13, 2018
The Harrogate volunteers who give up their time to promote the maintenance and conservation of one of the town's most important woodlands are launching a series of 'magical' walks.
- Race for Life: Everything you need to know as the big event returns to Harrogate this weekend July 12, 2018
The UK’s largest fundraising event series Race for Life returns to the Stray this weekend.
- Here's why this Harrogate teenager wants you to Race for Life this weekend July 12, 2018
A Harrogate teenager living with cancer has been crowned ‘the guest of honour’ at this weekend’s 5k Race for Life event as it makes its return to The Stray.
- Harrogate's longest-standing nurse thanked for nearly 50 years service in NHS July 12, 2018
The longest-serving nurse at Harrogate District Hospital has received a personal ‘thank you’ from the Chairman of the NHS Trust, as she celebrated her birthday in the same week the NHS marked its 70t …
- Crescent Gardens: Delay hits Harrogate's £75 million vision of the future July 12, 2018
The developer behind £75 million plans for luxury apartments at Harrogate’s former council headquarters says delays mean there will be no actual work on the site until 2019 at the earliest.
- Anger as living wage supplement is ‘axed' by Harrogate Borough Council July 12, 2018
A union has accused Harrogate Council of not backing its lowest-paid workers after it voted against giving them a greater pay increase in order to save £13,000.
- Trump protest in Harrogate July 12, 2018
Harrogate town centre is set to see an anti-Trump protest this week to coincide with the US president's visit to the UK.