The most recent local news from in and around Pateley Bridge, Nidderdale and the Harrogate Area.
Pateley & Nidderdale News
- Nidderdale Plus: Transport lifeline for Dales residents aims to grow January 11, 2019
A community transport scheme, providing vital links for elderly and disabled Dales residents to the ‘necessities of life,’ is aiming to expand.
- Dales residents set to gather over housing plans 'which could change the face' of their village January 11, 2019
Residents are set to gather for a public meeting over plans for a housing development, ‘which could change the face’ of a village in the Dales.
- Leeds man pays compensation after his dog killed four lambs at Yorkshire farm January 10, 2019
A dog owner whose puppy attacked a flock of sheep and killed four lambs has been ordered to pay more than £800 in compensation.
- Nidderdale trade perseveres in face of poor grouse season December 11, 2018
Hopes are high that the Dales has not lost out despite concerns over the impact of a tough grouse shooting season.
- Birds of prey and impact of 'abhorrent' killings on Nidderdale tourism draw December 3, 2018
The impact of the 'abhorrent' killing of rare birds of prey on the district's tourism sector has been flagged by the Nidderdale Chamber of Trade, following two confirmed cases of shooti …
- Armistice Day 2018: Three Nidderdale brothers left for war, one did not return home November 9, 2018
The family of three brothers from Nidderdale who fought in the Great War, have spoken of the importance of ‘appreciating peace’ with the stories of our fallen servicemen.
- Nidderdale bus route cut could leave residents 'isolated' October 20, 2018
A Nidderdale parish council have said cuts to the district’s no.24 bus route could leave residents more isolated, just at a time that developers are eyeing the village for housing developments.
- Nidderdale volunteers appeal to trace identities of three World War One soldiers October 13, 2018
Researchers for an exhibition, showcasing the bravery of people in the Dales during World War One, are attempting to trace the identities of three soldiers.
- Legacy of Nidderdale conservation scheme hailed by the community October 4, 2018
As it draws to a close a £1.8 million scheme, which helped protect and preserve Nidderdale’s Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, has been hailed by the community for its ‘legacy’ of working with young …
- Horrifically injured Harrogate walker inspired to volunteer for Yorkshire Air Ambulance rescuers October 1, 2018
The story of a 72-year-old Harrogate man who suffered multiple injures falling 30 ft in the Yorkshire Dales, and has since joined the ranks of his rescuers, the Yorkshire Air Ambulance, is to feature …
- Future of Nidderdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty at a crossroads September 30, 2018
A movement among the communities of the Dales is needed to help protect it's treasured landscapes, as vital sources of funding draw to a close.
- Beer and Beef Festival to come to the North of England for first time ever August 8, 2018
A farm near Masham is gearing up to host the North of England's first ever Beer and Beef Festival this September.
- BBC to shine spotlight on Pateley Bridge's push for gold in national competition April 27, 2018
A BBC fly-on-the-wall show is to put Pateley Bridge’s push for gold at the Britain in Bloom competition in the national spotlight.
- Cheers to life-saving donations after Nidderdale pub smashes fund-raising goal April 19, 2018
An overwhelming show of support from local businesses and the customers of a Pateley Bridge pub has seen more than £2,000 raised in a week for a new defibrillator.
- Pateley Bridge artist’s bust of famous sculptor earns place at London show April 7, 2018
Meeting your heroes can be a nervy enough experience, but getting the chance to sculpt their portrait is on quite another level.
- Harrogate Councillor reprimanded for disrespectful behaviour March 21, 2018
A Harrogate Borough Councillor has been reprimanded for disrespectful behaviour towards council staff, including the district’s chief planner.
- Six Yorkshire postcodes appear in Sunday Times Best Places to Live guide for 2018 March 16, 2018
Four Yorkshire property hotspots are new entries in this year's Best Places to Live guide compiled by The Sunday Times.
- Anti-bullying ambassador scheme to launch at Nidderdale High February 27, 2018
Students are taking responsibility for supporting one another as Nidderdale High School prepares to launch a new anti-bullying ambassador scheme.
- Pledges needed to secure cross-county bus route for Nidderdale as deadline looms February 26, 2018
An urgent appeal for cash pledges to open up the countryside and boost the district economy with a new summer bus service has been made.
- Driver hospitalised after colliding with tree near Summerbridge February 14, 2018
Emergency service crews were called out to Summerbridge after a car collided with a tree
- Former police officer who stole more than £90,000 from Harrogate church must pay money back January 18, 2019
A retired Greater Manchester Police officer who stole more than £90,000 from a Harrogate church has been ordered to pay the money back.
- New! £75m Crescent Gardens: public consultation soon January 18, 2019
A Harrogate developer is to give the public the chance to see full details of his £75 million plans for luxury apartments at Crescent Gardens for the first time.
- Harrogate district shop in UK's Shop of the Year final January 18, 2019
A shop in the Harrogate district is in the running for the national Shop of the Year award.
- Local Plan: Debate underway on blueprint which will shape Harrogate over next 20 years January 18, 2019
Consultation on the crucial document which will shape Harrogate’s future in coming decades has commenced.
- New Harrogate cyclepath: key public meeting January 18, 2019
Will trees have to be axed? WIll parts of the Stray be lost? Is it all going to work?
- Harrogate District Hospital explains why it charges patients and visitors for parking January 18, 2019
Harrogate District NHS Foundation Trust has hit back at criticism over the parking charges it enforces at its hospital site in the town.
- Cannabis making gear found dumped at Dales beauty spot January 17, 2019
Fly-tippers have been blasted for dumping equipment to grow cannabis, and domestic waste in the Nidderdale AONB.
- 'Double whammy' – Harrogate drivers hit by new road closure January 17, 2019
Harrogate's bad start to 2019 for drivers has continued with the latest announcement of a new closure
- 'Unforgettable' chance for Harrogate cyclists at world championships January 17, 2019
Keen Harrogate cyclists are being offered a once in a lifetime chance to ride the circuit of this year’s world road cycling championship in the town – before the international superstars themselves. …
- Public to get say on Harrogate traffic – but relief road idea "surreal" claim January 17, 2019
Long-awaited possible action to tackle Harrogate’s traffic congestion problems finally took concrete steps foward this week.
- Brexit: Why North Yorkshire Police officers' leave is to be restricted January 15, 2019
Police officers in North Yorkshire are to face leave restrictions when the UK officially departs from the EU, in case of potential calls for support from other forces.
- Harrogate Grammar School: Governors reveal new headteacher January 15, 2019
The new headteacher of Harrogate Grammar School has been revealed by governors, ahead of September 2019 when they will officially become the ninth head in the history of the school.
- Councillors unanimously approve 'devastating' cut to Harrogate school for vulnerable students January 15, 2019
A Harrogate school which acts as a 'safety net' for some of the most vulnerable young people in education has been told the majority of its funding will be taken away before the end of the y …
- Stray protection 'guarantee' as £3m Yorkshire Water project starts January 15, 2019
Harrogate's precious Stray is to receive special protection from damage as Yorkshire Water unveils a £3 million scheme to lay six miles of new water pipes in the town shortly.
- This is the hotel where Marcelo Bielsa lived after arriving at Leeds United January 15, 2019
Leeds United boss Marcelo Bielsa spent months living in this luxury hotel near Harrogate after arriving at the club last summer.
- Revealed: How Harrogate's Bettys did at Christmas January 15, 2019
Leading Harrogate family business Bettys has bucked the retail sector's festive woes by achieving a year on year increase on sales of 6.3% over Christmas.
- Hurrah! Harrogate's worst blocked footpath reopens January 15, 2019
Frustrated Harrogate residents have relief at last as a vital pedestrian path has finally been reopened after six long months.
- Movie stars love Harrogate surprise January 15, 2019
Russell Crowe isn't the only Hollywood star in love with one of Harrogate's leading brands, so it seems are the stars of Disney's current family musical Mary Poppins Returns.
- Special Report: Here is why these are the BIG issues facing the Harrogate District in 2019? January 14, 2019
Last year turned out to just as eventful and, at times, troubled in the Harrogate district as the Brexit debate in Westminister. But what real issues are likely to effect us in 2019?
- Affordable housing in Knaresborough: 'Substantial funding' secured for town's community land trust January 14, 2019
Organisers behind a push to see more affordable housing available in Knaresborough have been left overwhelmed after securing close to £60,000 worth of funding, which could help see their first major p …