The most recent local news from in and around Pateley Bridge, Nidderdale and the Harrogate Area.
Pateley & Nidderdale News
- Beer and Beef Festival to come to the North of England for first time ever August 8, 2018
A farm near Masham is gearing up to host the North of England's first ever Beer and Beef Festival this September.
- BBC to shine spotlight on Pateley Bridge's push for gold in national competition April 27, 2018
A BBC fly-on-the-wall show is to put Pateley Bridge’s push for gold at the Britain in Bloom competition in the national spotlight.
- Cheers to life-saving donations after Nidderdale pub smashes fund-raising goal April 19, 2018
An overwhelming show of support from local businesses and the customers of a Pateley Bridge pub has seen more than £2,000 raised in a week for a new defibrillator.
- Pateley Bridge artist’s bust of famous sculptor earns place at London show April 7, 2018
Meeting your heroes can be a nervy enough experience, but getting the chance to sculpt their portrait is on quite another level.
- Harrogate Councillor reprimanded for disrespectful behaviour March 21, 2018
A Harrogate Borough Councillor has been reprimanded for disrespectful behaviour towards council staff, including the district’s chief planner.
- Six Yorkshire postcodes appear in Sunday Times Best Places to Live guide for 2018 March 16, 2018
Four Yorkshire property hotspots are new entries in this year's Best Places to Live guide compiled by The Sunday Times.
- Anti-bullying ambassador scheme to launch at Nidderdale High February 27, 2018
Students are taking responsibility for supporting one another as Nidderdale High School prepares to launch a new anti-bullying ambassador scheme.
- Pledges needed to secure cross-county bus route for Nidderdale as deadline looms February 26, 2018
An urgent appeal for cash pledges to open up the countryside and boost the district economy with a new summer bus service has been made.
- Driver hospitalised after colliding with tree near Summerbridge February 14, 2018
Emergency service crews were called out to Summerbridge after a car collided with a tree
- Survivor of heart attack flags importance of defibrillators after collapse at Nidderdale Church February 8, 2018
The survivor of a heart attack has spoken out about the importance of defibrillators in remote areas like Nidderdale after his life was saved minutes before a funeral service was set to begin.
- Milk spill after tanker crashes on North Yorkshire road February 7, 2018
Firefighters have been battling to contain a milk spillage after a tanker overturned on a rural road.
- Fell rescuers called out to assist ambulance crew near Pateley Bridge January 19, 2018
Fell rescuers were called out assist an ambulance crew after an elderly woman was injured walking near Pateley Bridge.
- Queen's invitation for Dales town's Great British heroes December 28, 2017
Pateley Bridge’s amazing new and improved national profile has been recognised with a royal invitation from The Queen.
- Second round of consultation for 'Gouthwaite Wildlife Centre' plans December 28, 2017
Fresh consultation dates have been announced by the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust to determine if plans for a new ‘Gouthwaite Wildlife Centre’ should still go ahead.
- Mass parade of Santas in North Yorkshire town! December 21, 2017
The public of Pateley Bridge showed how Christmas should be done when a 100 Santas paraded done its main shopping street.
- New wildlife centre could be established in Nidderdale AONB October 30, 2017
A new wildlife centre could be constructed on the shoreline of Gouthwaite Reservoir.
- Free guide breaks down epic trail through Dales valley October 17, 2017
A new walking guide has been launched to help people follow a spectacular 53-mile route in the easternmost valley of the Yorkshire Dales.
- Small Harrogate shop's 'cut rates and rents' plea September 20, 2018
A small independent Harrogate book shop which became nationally famous after its tweet for help went viral has joined growing pressure for lower rates and rents.
- What Harrogate MP thinks of 'Save Brexit' rally coming to town September 20, 2018
Harrogate's MP has given his reaction to news that the town is to host a mass 'Stop Brexit Betrayal' rally headlined by Nigel Farage and leading Brexiteers.
- Armed police descend on Harrogate bar after man 'seen with gun' September 19, 2018
Armed police have been filmed arresting a man carrying a toy gun outside a 'quiet' bar in Harrogate.
- Here's why Harrogate Hospital car park will be temporarily closed September 19, 2018
Patients have been urged to reconsider driving to Harrogate District Hospital in light of a partial closure of the car park.
- Oktoberfest is coming to Harrogate for first time September 18, 2018
Harrogate's very first Oktoberfest is set to arrive, raise a glass or stein with over 200 barrels of beer and 700 bottles of prosecco on offer to celebrate the traditional Bavarian festival.
- Vet Alf Wight’s apprentice Peter Wright to meet fans at Countryside Live September 18, 2018
From learning his trade under the wing of legendary North Yorkshire vet Alf Wight, to becoming an instantly recognisable star of a hit TV show, The Yorkshire Vet’s Peter Wright will be sharing tales o …
- What will new Harrogate bar offer? September 18, 2018
A new independent Harrogate bar is set to open bringing what it hopes is something new to the town's food and drink scene.
- Police warning after Harrogate man prosecuted for owning child porn images September 17, 2018
A former top-level security and military man has been spared jail after police found child-porn images on his computer.
- 'Save Brexit' rally coming to Harrogate September 17, 2018
A pro-hard Brexit tour with Nigel Farage is coming to Harrogate next month to galvanise the pro-Brexit campaign.
- More time needed to unveil permanent repairs for the A59 at Kex Gill September 17, 2018
A public meeting to unveil permanent repairs for the troubled stretch of the A59 at Kex Gill has been re-scheduled for the county council to carry out further 'investigation and discussion.'
- Vacant unit filled in Harrogate's Everyman complex September 17, 2018
An empty retail unit in the Everyman complex in Harrogate has been filled.
- Balancing act needed as council ponders rise in Harrogate taxi fares September 15, 2018
The options are now on the table for how much the district’s taxi fares could rise when a final ruling is made.
- Richard Spencer: Why Harrogate is rightly the envy of other destinations September 15, 2018
Richard Spencer, chief executive of marketing agency Visit Harrogate, believes the town centre will evolve into a place which is more than just about shopping.
- John Fox: How we can continue to support our Harrogate businesses September 15, 2018
John Fox, chair of Harrogate BID (Business Improvement District) has backed The Harrogate Advertiser Town Centre Survey and believes the results will help to shape our future.
- Ben Dave: How Harrogate's very own running man completed his lap of Yorkshire September 15, 2018
As he stood shivering and soaking wet under a bridge on the Woodhead Pass in pouring rain, so cold he was unable to buckle his rucksack up, Ben Dave considered whether he would be able to continue wit …
- Andrew Jones MP: Open mind needed as Harrogate continues to evolve September 14, 2018
Harrogate MP Andrew Jones believes a more 'varied and integrated' approach is needed if the town centre is to prosper in the future.
- Here's how you and your mates can take on 'It's a Knockout' in Harrogate September 14, 2018
Friends, families, companies and organisations have been invited to take part in Harrogate Hospital and Community Charity’s ’It’s a Knockout’ day.
- Here's how you and your dog could take part in a national walk for charity September 14, 2018
The people of Harrogate and their dogs have been invited to take part in a national dog walk to raise money for charity.
- Harrogate cyclists raise over £2,000 in 300-mile trip from London to Amsterdam September 14, 2018
The Director of a Harrogate care provider has helped to raise more than £2,000 for charity after completing a 300-mile cycling challenge.
- Dad was nearly four times the limit driving to McDonalds with his three kids September 14, 2018
A father who attempted to drive his three children to McDonalds while nearly four times the drink-drive limit has been spared jail.