The most recent local news from in and around Pateley Bridge, Nidderdale and the Harrogate Area.
Pateley & Nidderdale News
- Nidderdale trade perseveres in face of poor grouse season December 11, 2018
Hopes are high that the Dales has not lost out despite concerns over the impact of a tough grouse shooting season.
- Birds of prey and impact of 'abhorrent' killings on Nidderdale tourism draw December 3, 2018
The impact of the 'abhorrent' killing of rare birds of prey on the district's tourism sector has been flagged by the Nidderdale Chamber of Trade, following two confirmed cases of shooti …
- Armistice Day 2018: Three Nidderdale brothers left for war, one did not return home November 9, 2018
The family of three brothers from Nidderdale who fought in the Great War, have spoken of the importance of ‘appreciating peace’ with the stories of our fallen servicemen.
- Nidderdale bus route cut could leave residents 'isolated' October 20, 2018
A Nidderdale parish council have said cuts to the district’s no.24 bus route could leave residents more isolated, just at a time that developers are eyeing the village for housing developments.
- Nidderdale volunteers appeal to trace identities of three World War One soldiers October 13, 2018
Researchers for an exhibition, showcasing the bravery of people in the Dales during World War One, are attempting to trace the identities of three soldiers.
- Legacy of Nidderdale conservation scheme hailed by the community October 4, 2018
As it draws to a close a £1.8 million scheme, which helped protect and preserve Nidderdale’s Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, has been hailed by the community for its ‘legacy’ of working with young …
- Horrifically injured Harrogate walker inspired to volunteer for Yorkshire Air Ambulance rescuers October 1, 2018
The story of a 72-year-old Harrogate man who suffered multiple injures falling 30 ft in the Yorkshire Dales, and has since joined the ranks of his rescuers, the Yorkshire Air Ambulance, is to feature …
- Future of Nidderdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty at a crossroads September 30, 2018
A movement among the communities of the Dales is needed to help protect it's treasured landscapes, as vital sources of funding draw to a close.
- Beer and Beef Festival to come to the North of England for first time ever August 8, 2018
A farm near Masham is gearing up to host the North of England's first ever Beer and Beef Festival this September.
- BBC to shine spotlight on Pateley Bridge's push for gold in national competition April 27, 2018
A BBC fly-on-the-wall show is to put Pateley Bridge’s push for gold at the Britain in Bloom competition in the national spotlight.
- Cheers to life-saving donations after Nidderdale pub smashes fund-raising goal April 19, 2018
An overwhelming show of support from local businesses and the customers of a Pateley Bridge pub has seen more than £2,000 raised in a week for a new defibrillator.
- Pateley Bridge artist’s bust of famous sculptor earns place at London show April 7, 2018
Meeting your heroes can be a nervy enough experience, but getting the chance to sculpt their portrait is on quite another level.
- Harrogate Councillor reprimanded for disrespectful behaviour March 21, 2018
A Harrogate Borough Councillor has been reprimanded for disrespectful behaviour towards council staff, including the district’s chief planner.
- Six Yorkshire postcodes appear in Sunday Times Best Places to Live guide for 2018 March 16, 2018
Four Yorkshire property hotspots are new entries in this year's Best Places to Live guide compiled by The Sunday Times.
- Anti-bullying ambassador scheme to launch at Nidderdale High February 27, 2018
Students are taking responsibility for supporting one another as Nidderdale High School prepares to launch a new anti-bullying ambassador scheme.
- Pledges needed to secure cross-county bus route for Nidderdale as deadline looms February 26, 2018
An urgent appeal for cash pledges to open up the countryside and boost the district economy with a new summer bus service has been made.
- Driver hospitalised after colliding with tree near Summerbridge February 14, 2018
Emergency service crews were called out to Summerbridge after a car collided with a tree
- Survivor of heart attack flags importance of defibrillators after collapse at Nidderdale Church February 8, 2018
The survivor of a heart attack has spoken out about the importance of defibrillators in remote areas like Nidderdale after his life was saved minutes before a funeral service was set to begin.
- Milk spill after tanker crashes on North Yorkshire road February 7, 2018
Firefighters have been battling to contain a milk spillage after a tanker overturned on a rural road.
- Fell rescuers called out to assist ambulance crew near Pateley Bridge January 19, 2018
Fell rescuers were called out assist an ambulance crew after an elderly woman was injured walking near Pateley Bridge.
- Harrogate fraudster wanted on recall to prison December 18, 2018
A CONVICTED fraudster and thief from Harrogate is wanted on recall to prison.
- Police in Harrogate release details of ‘wanted man’ with links to town December 18, 2018
Police in Harrogate have issued a picture of a man who they want to trace and send back to prison.
- Social media reacts as Yorkshire Tea apologises over 'misbehaving' tea bags December 18, 2018
Harrogate-based thirst quenchers Yorkshire Tea have come under scrutiny after their new environmentally friendly tea bags began splitting in people's brews.
- Harrogate panto live streamed to hospital December 18, 2018
The magic of panto is to be beamed live to poorly children at Harrogate Hospital next week in a hi-tech project initiated by Harrogate Theatre.
- North Yorkshire police and fire service: How much would you be prepared to pay? December 18, 2018
North Yorkshire residents still have a chance to have their say over how much they would be willing to pay for policing and fire services.
- Drug driver from Harrogate will spend Christmas in jail December 17, 2018
A DRUG driver from Harrogate will spend Christmas in prison after he was caught by North Yorkshire Police police twice in one week.
- Festive boost for Harrogate brain tumour charity December 17, 2018
Shoppers in Harrogate can enjoy some seasonal help in the run-up to Christmas with the launch of a gift wrapping service by the brain tumour charity; The PPR Foundation.
- Fears raised over ambulance travel times as hospital services move out of Harrogate December 17, 2018
Health chiefs have questioned whether Yorkshire ambulances will be able to cope with longer travel times for more patients as a number of services are being shifted to larger centres such as Leeds and …
- Ex-retail king, 92, to help Harrogate homeless December 17, 2018
Moved by what he has seen in Harrogate town centre, the 92-year-old former co-owner of one of Britain’s biggest menswear chains is hoping to turn the empty premises of what once his family's Harr …
- Primary school league tables: How did your Harrogate school score? December 17, 2018
These are the latest primary school league tables for Harrogate, according to new government figures.
- Harrogate man arrested after police appeal December 17, 2018
A wanted Harrogate man has been arrested this morning.
- Capture the beauty of Yorkshire on camera – and feature in a calendar December 17, 2018
Yorkshire is a place of extraordinary variety – from the dramatic coastal cliffs to rolling farmland and high moors, vibrant cities to historic towns, picture postcard villages to the industrial lands …
- First trailer for new Downton Abbey movie filmed in Yorkshire is released December 17, 2018
A teaser trailer for the hotly-anticipated Downton Abbey feature film has been released.
- Icy blast blown away as Harrogate district's hopes of a White Christmas are dashed December 16, 2018
Harrogate escaped the worst of the wintry weather over the weekend and we now seem unlikely to enjoy a white Christmas this year.
- Incredible plans to turn historic 17th century hunting lodge on outskirts of Harrogate into multi-million pound home December 14, 2018
A rare 17th century lodge, once used as a viewing platform for deer hunting by local gentry, could soon be transformed into a three-bedroom home worth millions.
- Starbeck footpath plans remain in limbo months after high street fire December 14, 2018
A busy footpath on Starbeck’s High Street will remain cordoned off until a property-owner secures the fire-damaged building causing its closure.
- Row of empty Knaresborough shops – empty for 40 years – set to be purchased by council December 14, 2018
A stretch of Knaresborough shops that have been uninhabited for decades are set to be purchased by Harrogate Borough Council.
- Harrogate Borough Council given glowing endorsement in peer review December 14, 2018
Harrogate Borough Council will use a glowing endorsement from a peer review scheme to set an improvement plan for the upcoming year.
- Land transfer approved in next step for Starbeck homeless shelter December 14, 2018
Preparation for the construction of a 19-room homeless shelter at Starbeck has taken another step forward.
- Patient Transport Services in Harrogate and North Yorkshire come under the spotlight after cutbacks December 14, 2018
NHS bosses accused of failing some of the most needy patients in a cost-cutting clampdown on transport to hospital appointments say they have strived to avoid a “computer says no” situation.