The most recent local news from in and around Pateley Bridge, Nidderdale and the Harrogate Area.
Pateley & Nidderdale News
- New wildlife centre could be established in Nidderdale AONB October 30, 2017
A new wildlife centre could be constructed on the shoreline of Gouthwaite Reservoir.
- Free guide breaks down epic trail through Dales valley October 17, 2017
A new walking guide has been launched to help people follow a spectacular 53-mile route in the easternmost valley of the Yorkshire Dales.
- Video: Follow the St Cuthbert's Way challenge as funds are secured for Nidderdale community fund September 12, 2017
Funding has been secured for a new community pot after completion of a sponsored walking challenge across Scotland and Northumberland by a Nidderdale church group.
- New exhibition reveals hidden side of Brimham Rocks August 18, 2017
Dedicated walkers, scientists and climbers are among the quarter of a million visitors who flock to the famous natural landscape of Brimham Rocks every year.
- Police make further appeal over death of red kite in Nidderdale August 1, 2017
Police investigating the death of a red kite in Nidderdale have issued a further appeal for information after interviewing a man in connection with it.
- Pateley Bridge to screen Daniel Craig's Olympics stunt at 40s Weekend June 13, 2017
One of the most important figures in the British film industry is coming to Pateley Bridge in a massive coup for this year’s 40s Weekend festivities – and there's a James Bond exclusive, too.
- Traditional equine spectacle set for Pateley Bridge return June 9, 2017
A traditional countryside sport is making a comeback in Nidderdale, decades after wartime intervened and it was lost as a regular fixture on the rural calendar.
- Election 2017: Conservatives hold Skipton and Ripon June 8, 2017
Julian Smith has been re-elected as MP for Skipton and Ripon.
- Queen's Award success for North Yorkshire's secret gem June 6, 2017
Volunteers at one of Pateley Bridge's prize jewels are to receive the recognition their fantastic efforts deserve with the Queen's Award.
- Car ends up on its roof in North Yorkshire field May 3, 2017
This crash near Harrogate has a surprising outcome for the driver.
- Red kite shot dead in North Yorkshire March 27, 2017
One of North Yorkshire's popular red kites has been found dead after being shot.
- Tourism survey reveals Yorkshire's hidden gems March 23, 2017
A survey commissioned to mark English Tourism Week has revealed Yorkshire's top 'hidden gems' for visitors.
- Blubberhouses couple celebrate successful farmhouse breakfast fundraiser January 30, 2017
A breakfast bonanza hosted at the deputy mayor of Harrogate’s farm home in Blubberhouses raised an impressive £8,000 for national farming charity the Addington Fund.
- Royal recognition for Blubberhouses church December 12, 2016
The congregation of St Andrew's Church in Blubberhouses has received a royal thank you after collectively sending wishes to mark the Queen's 90th birthday.
- Big result looms for Pateley Bridge in the Great British High Street competition December 6, 2016
The wait is nearly over. Less than a week from now Pateley Bridge will find out of it has won its epic battle to emerge victorious in the Great British High Street competition.
- Cash boost for How Stean Gorge expansion plans December 1, 2016
A large-scale expansion of How Stean Gorge has moved a step forward, after the popular attraction received a £66,000 EU grant to be put towards the work.
- Witnesses saw young men running away after burglary at Harrogate shop November 16, 2017
Two young men were seen running away from the scene after cigarettes were stolen from a Harrogate shop in the middle of the night.
- Britpop hero in Harrogate at 10 Devonshire Place November 16, 2017
A former Britpop hero is to play in Harrogate tonight, Thursday, as part of a weekend of celebrations to mark the third birthday of one of the town’s award-winning craft beer bars.
- What is Indie Harrogate? Here's our guide November 16, 2017
What is Indie Harrogate, is the question some in town are asking?
- Exciting 'Indie Harrogate' launch attracts big turnout November 16, 2017
The launch night of 'Indie Harrogate' last night was the biggest step forward yet for the town's growing independent sector.
- Villagers challenge Harrogate's new housing targets November 14, 2017
Villagers against new housing in Hampsthwaite are complaining that the new Local Plan has been presented with a fait accomplis as they have been advised that there is no alternative other than to acce …
- Police appeal after robbery in Harrogate November 14, 2017
Police are asking for the public's help to find out what weapon may have been used during a robbery in Harrogate.
- Group raises new concern over Pinewoods' future November 13, 2017
Harrogate-based charity Pinewoods Conservation Group (PCG) has formally raised concerns with Harrogate Council following the release of the new draft local plan.
- Brilliant new EP by Harrogate rock band November 13, 2017
With their new EP Fear of Loathing, Harrogate rock band Strangers in Paradise have made a quantum leap from their previous recordings..
- Council responds on parking 'nightmare' on Tower Street November 13, 2017
The arrival of a hotel and a gym in recent years has transformed Tower Street in Harrogate into a bustling area – but not necessarily in a way that pleases all traders.
- Reacher author Child to chair Harrogate’s crime writing festival November 13, 2017
One of the world’s best-selling crime writers Lee Child has been confirmed as the programming chairman for Harrogate’s annual crime-writing spectacular.
- Dales landlord blasts authorities over fate of community pubs November 10, 2017
The landlord of Pateley Bridge’s sole pub on the High Street has thanked his loyal customers as he prepares to retire after 31 years but fired a parting shot at the authorities for not giving enough s …
- Dear Reader: A new era for pubs + what a cock-up! November 10, 2017
A personal column by the Harrogate Advertiser's Graham Chalmers
- Historic Harrogate church faces cathedral-sized challenges November 10, 2017
The spiritual health of parishioners may be paramount but, as a Harrogate church in the middle of its biggest restoration in 100 years is discovering, fixtures and fittings are important, too.
- 'Indie Harrogate' launches tonight November 10, 2017
Harrogate's growing independent scene may be about to take a massive step forward with its own branding for the first time.
- Review: Best exhibition yet by artist Brummell Smith November 10, 2017
Enduringly popular Harrogate artist Tony Brummell Smith is unveiling his most recent work in a new exhibition this weekend.
- Steamtown to launch album at Harrogate indie bar November 10, 2017
Forget Ed Sheeran, a Knaresborough acoustic duo are the real deal and they’re launching their new album with a special night tonight, Friday in a great Harrogate bar.
- 130 new houses for south west of Harrogate? November 10, 2017
Outline plans for a new residential development to the south west of Harrogate are set to be revealed to the community later this month.
- Harrogate firm's link with Murder on the Orient Express November 10, 2017
Harrogate Spring Water, one of the town's leading companies, marked its exciting promotion with a screening of the new film version of Agatha Christie's classic story in a party setting wher …
- New-look iconic pub unveiled in Knaresborough November 9, 2017
The team behind the new-look Blind Jacks pub have vowed to retain the best of this iconic location but with a range of crucial improvements.
- Glass floor to allow spectacular views of Dales gorge November 9, 2017
A new glass floor that allows amazing views of one of Yorkshire’s most spectacular natural sights has opened to the public.